Film producer David Guillod, the Hollywood govt at the rear of this kind of movies as “Extraction” and “Atomic Blonde” who’s been below legal investigation for many years, was charged Monday with 11 sexual intercourse crimes, including rape, kidnapping to dedicate rape, and rape of a drugged victim, according to the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s Office environment.
The charges stem from alleged encounters in 2012, 2014 and 2015 with four unidentified women accusers, ranging in age from 27 to 41, in Los Angeles County and in Santa Barbara County, according to the complaint filed by Santa Barbara District Lawyer Joyce Dudley.
His arraignment day has not been set, Dudley said. If convicted as billed, Guillod faces a prospective sentence of 21 a long time to lifetime in prison.
Dudley and the Santa Barbara County sheriff’s office environment reported Guillod, 53, was in custody at the Santa Barbara County Jail, with bail established at $3 million. His lawyer, Philip K. Cohen, stated Guillod surrendered to authorities Monday, was booked and produced on $1 million bond.
“Expenses were being submitted right after intensive investigations ended up carried out by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles Law enforcement Division, while doing work in conjunction with the District Attorneys of Santa Barbara County and Los Angeles County,” Dudley’s statement said. “After examining all the evidence, the Santa
Barbara County District Attorney requested jurisdiction from the District Legal professional of Los Angeles to prosecute Counts 4-11 in Santa Barbara.”
Cohen explained in a statement to United states Nowadays that Guillod maintains his innocence, and that he has proof contradicting the allegations.
“Mr. Guillod has been vilified for 8 several years without the need of being afforded the opportunity to look at beneath oath his accusers,” his assertion said. “Justice is not often swift and generally does not arrive quick but Mr. Guillod pretty much appears forward to clearing his name in the acceptable discussion board.”
Guillod was billed with 4 counts in connection with the 1st alleged come across, on May perhaps 21, 2012 in Los Angeles County, in which he is accused of sexual penetration of an unconscious or unaware target, sexual penetration of a drugged victim, oral copulation of an intoxicated target, and oral copulation of an unconscious or unaware victim.
In the Dec. 14, 2014, alleged face in Santa Barbara County, he faces 3 fees, like kidnapping to for rape, rape of a drugged target, and rape of an unconscious particular person.
In the third alleged come across, in between Jan. 30 and Jan. 31, 2015, in Los Angeles County, he is charged with rape of a drugged particular person and rape of an unconscious person.
In the fourth alleged face, also amongst Jan. 30 and Jan. 31, 2015, in Los Angeles County, he is billed with rape of a drugged person and rape of an unconscious man or woman.
Guillod, a supervisor, producer and co-CEO of Major Wave Enjoyment, was accused in November 2017 by actress Jessica Barth, who said he drugged and sexually assaulted her in 2012 when he was working as her manager in Los Angeles.
The costs have been investigated at the time by Los Angeles police since Barth filed her complaint with them. Costs had been not submitted at that time.
“An overwhelming total of evidence has been gathered above the program of this investigation disputing these prices,” Cohen’s assertion explained. “DNA has appear back again destructive in the Los Angeles scenario percipient witnesses have arrive forward in assist of Mr. Guillod’s account of activities and several textual content messages and e-mail attained by the defense explain to a tale very unique than that which is remaining alleged. In addition, Mr. Guillod has handed five impartial polygraph exams.”
Guillod took a go away of absence and ultimately resigned from Most important Wave soon after Barth went general public with her allegation as the #MeToo motion surged in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations versus Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein (who has considering the fact that been convicted).
“For the previous eight many years, Mr. Guillod has denied these allegations, and for the earlier 8 many years Mr. Guillod has completely cooperated with all aspects of regulation enforcement’s investigation,” Cohen’s statement stated. “We obtain the unification of the circumstances filed by the Santa Barbara DA’s workplace and the timing suspicious.”
Guillod was an government producer on the 2017 film “Atomic Blonde” starring Charlize Theron, and created the 2020 movie “Extraction,” the Netflix film starring Chris Hemsworth.
In February 2019, “Legal Minds” star A.J. Cook sued Guillod, her former supervisor, for failing to inform her and other female clientele about sexual misconduct allegations against him. Cook dinner stated in her lawsuit that Guillod fully commited fraud when he did not convey to his clientele about the accusations made against him by other women of all ages.
Guillod’s civil legal professional, Thomas Ferlauto, dismissed her grievance, calling it a “frivolous lawsuit” in a statement to United states of america Today.
Go through or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/amusement/stars/2020/06/22/extraction-producer-david-guillod-charged-11-sex-crime-counts/3237255001/